The press release has been around “forever” but continues to be one of the best ways to help people find you when they are looking for your type of products or services. There are lots of benefits of using Press Releases:
- They are inexpensive, you pay for the writing and the distribution which is generally many times less than the production and distribution of an advertisement.
- A press release has more credibility than an ad.
- Filled with copy, it is easier to search and find that a photo on the internet.
- But press releases do not have to go “image-less.” Photos with captions can enhance the basic press release.
- Press releases are longer lasting than an ad.
- You control the content of your press release (maybe not the story that gets written from the release, but at least the facts are correct before someone gets a chance to begin writing.)
- Getting the Who, What, When, Where and Why right helps readers to continue to read.
- There are hundreds of topics to write a press release about - Hereâ€™s a weekly email to help you figure out 89 of them for your business.
- They keep something NEW on your website… which otherwise can get old and static quickly!