I enjoy watching the Superbowl for the ads, although I thought that several of the commercials didn’t deliver on their brand promise. Some were somewhat offensive. Others just plain confused. I must not be the “target market” for most of the advertised products.
Here are my favorites, by quarter: If you are looking for a quick and easy way to rewatch the ads by quarter, I like this link.
For a thorough review of what other Marketer’s think about the ads:
- Igor Mordkovich’s post Superbowl 41 Ads… What the Hell Was That?
- Seth Stevenson at Slate: Were the Super Bowl Ads Any Good?
- Search Marketing Guru’s: Superbowl Commercials, 30 Minutes Later - Name Your Top 5 Ads
- BusinessWeek’s David Kiley: Why I Think Coke Won The Super Bowl Ad Contest. Not Bud.
- UPDATE: This sent in vai comments from Zag Studios: Andy Beal’s Marketing Pilgrim for 2 of these links.